Spanish has hundreds of millions of native-speakers across the world. Whether you want to improve your job prospects, or explore new cultures, Spanish is a powerful tool that will help you achieve many goals.
In HELP CAT, we are partners with Instituto Cervantes, the Spanish Language and Cultural Center attached to the Embassy of Spain. We offer Spanish short courses according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and certified by Instituto Cervantes.
The Common European Framework divides learners into three broad divisions that can be divided into six levels; for each level, it describes what a learner is supposed to be able to do in reading, listening, speaking and writing. These levels are:
Level group Level group name Level Level name Description A Basic user A1 Breakthrough or beginner
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people they know and things they have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 Waystage or elementary
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
B Independent user B1 Threshold or intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 Vantage or upper intermediate
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
C Proficient user C1 Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
C2 Mastery or proficiency
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
Spanish Courses Intake 2018
Instituto Cervantes and DELE Syllabus/ Recognized Worldwide/ Teaching Quality Guaranteed
At INSTITUTO CERVANTES-HELP CAT, we provide Spanish courses which align with the syllabus for the preparation of DELE Exam, which is organized by the Spanish government and recognized worldwide. Moreover, all our Spanish lecturers are academically qualified, therefore our teaching quality is guaranteed. We hope that you will enjoy the Spanish study experience with us!
OCTOBER INTAKE: 6th October – 15th December 2018
- Beginner (A.1.1, A1.2, A1.3)
- Advanced Beginner (A2.1, A2.2)
- Intermediate (B1.1)
- Advance Intermediate (B2.1 and B2.2)
- Kids and Teenagers
COURSE TYPE SCHEDULE TIMES AND DATES Saturdays 6th October – 15th December
1 day a week, 3 hours class
Course duration: 30 hours
Option A: 10:00 am – 13:00 pm
Option B: 14:00 pm – 17:00 pm
Weekdays 8th October – 14th November
2 days a week, 2.5 hours class
Course duration: 30 hours
(Monday & Wednesday)
Option C: 18:00 pm – 20:30 pm
Payment of Fees
It is required to pay the (A) Lecture Fees & Material Fees and (B) Textbooks (compulsory, according to level).
Level Lecture Fees (RM) (+GST) Material Fees (RM) (+GST) Text Book Spanish Level A1 – A2 800 10.60 170.00 Spanish Level B1 820 10.60 170.00 Spanish Level B2 835 10.60 170.00
– Spanish Library access for our students
– Cultural activities related to cultures of the Spanish-speaking countries
Payment by hand at HELP CAT
Fees can be paid by cash or cheque (payable to: HELP COLLEGE OF ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY SDN BHD) upon registration in HELP College of Arts and Technology, level 6, Registry (open from Mondays to Fridays 9am to 5.30pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm).
WAZE: HELP College of Arts and Technology
Address: Jalan Metro Pudu, Fraser Business Park, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur,
To register online, please transfer the fees to (CIMB Bank Berhad- account no.:8000379321) and send the proof of payment by email (email@example.com). Registration will not be completed until payment is settled. Please fill in the registration form attached above.
For each level, the class will only be started if there is at least 4 students in the class. If there is not enough students for a semester in which you register, your fees paid will be brought forward to one semester if the class has at least 4 students, and you will be able to start attending the class. If the level you prefer to study does not have 4 students for two semester, your fees paid will be refunded to you. Once you register, it is presumed that you accept this term and condition.
All class will be conducted at HELP College of Arts and Technology
WAZE: HELP College of Arts and Technology
Address: Jalan Metro Pudu, Fraser Business Park, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
Semester January 13th January – 24th March April 14th April – 30th June July 21st July – 29th September October 6th October – 15th December
There will be no class on these Saturdays:
17th Feb, 2nd June, 16th June, 1 Sep, 15 Sep
Please download the academic calendar for Spanish DELE short courses here.
Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official titles certifying degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, granted by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain. The Instituto Cervantes organizes examination sessions, while the Universidad de Salamanca in Spain designs the exams, and is in charge of corrections and the final evaluation of all exams.
DELE Exam and Enrolment Dates for 2018
EXAMS 2018 WRITTEN EXAM DATES REGISTRATION LIMIT DATES May Friday May 18th, 2018(DELE for Young learners A1, A2/B1) March 28th, 2018 Saturday May 19th, 2018(DELE for Adults: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 ,C2) November Friday November 9th, 2018(DELE for Young learners A1, A2, B1) October 3rd, 2018 Saturday November 10th, 2018(DELE for Adults: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 ,C2)
Inquiry on DELE Exams and Enrollment: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to register for DELE exams, the following 3 documents need to be sent to: email@example.com
- Application Form
Download from: https://examenes.cervantes.es/sites/default/files/application_form_dele_diploma_2018_instituto_cervantes_en.pdf
- ID/passport photocopy which contains a photo and the following information: identity, nationality, place and date of birth. These details must correspond with the information given on the Registration Form.
- Proof of payment. (Bank slip)
Fund transfer/direct deposit to: RHB BANK (Instituto Cervantes)
Account number: 2-14165-0001685-8
LEVEL A1 A2 B1 B2 C1 C2 Currency A1 Young learners A2/B1 Young learners 265 295 330 410 480 500 Ringgit
Inquiry on DELE Exam Preparation Workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because studying Spanish means more than just knowing the language, we offer a wide range of cultural events which complement our courses: Spanish and Latin American films, festivals, talks, lectures, workshops, exhibitions, dance shows and concerts.
Follow us on facebook:
We believe in the importance of learning a second language, especially from an early age:
- To train the mind; it enhances all pursuits involving study and intellectual development.
- To provide a broad base for learning and a better understanding of the nature of languages.
- To develop awareness of other countries and cultures.
- To strengthen all areas of academic learning.
We also offer tailored Spanish courses for Schools.
Spanish for Kids & Teens October 2018
Next intake starts on 6th October.
Ages 7 – 12: A1.1 10am – 13:00 pm 840 RM (21 hours)
Click here to download –> SPANISH FLYER CERVANTES JULY 2008